Stopping leaks in Gebo hatches

I have finally fixed the leaking forard Gebo hatch, after initially tightening the handles, replacing rubber seals and then the sealant holding the lenses, all which were unsuccessful. We have now used Fixtech (superior Aussie version of Sikaflex) around the frame joins and hinges which has resolved the leak. We also have one way perforated film on the lenses, as they use for bus advertising, which overcomes the unsightly crazing of the hatch lenses.

image

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Brisbane. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s